COLLEGE STATION, Texas – The University of Missouri softball program (31-22, 5-16 SEC) dropped it series finale to No. 25/23 Texas A&M (32-18, 12-12 SEC), 11-4, Sunday at the Davis Diamond.
The Aggies capitalized on a seven-run fourth to break the game open and secure the weekend SEC series.
Allie Enright knocked a solo homer to center to trim the Missouri lead to 4-3 before a two-run single from Amari Harper.
Julia Cottrill added a three-run homer to right to push the lead to 8-4.
Cottrill then posted her second home run of the day, chipping in a three-run shot to right in the sixth to increase the Texas A&M edge to 11-4.
The Aggies took an early 1-0 lead on a sacrifice fly in foul territory from Trinity Cannon in the bottom of the first.
The Tigers responded to the early deficit with a four-run second on four hits. Megan Moll drove in a run on an Aggies fielder’s choice before Maddie Snider drew a bases loaded RBI walk.
Jenna Laird capped the scoring in the second frame with a two-run single to left to make the advantage 4-1.
Starter Laurin Krings was handed the loss, allowing one earned run on seven hits with four strikeouts and a walk.
- Jenna Laird, Julia Crenshaw (five-game reached base streak), Maddie Gallagher, Payton Jackson (hit and a walk), and Kara Daly (double) each notched a hit Sunday.
- Jenna Laird paced the Tigers going 1-for-4 with two RBI. The game marked her ninth multi-RBI game of the season.
- Megan Moll and Maddie Snider both compiled RBIs.
- Jenna Laird extended her hitting streak to four games (five-game reached base streak).
- Maddie Gallagher pushed her reached-base streak to 16 games.
- Maddie Snider reached base in all three games of the Texas A&M series.
- Kara Daly registered her 11th double of the season.
- Payton Jackson has compiled four walks over the past two games including three on Saturday.
- Cierra Harrison and Taylor Pannell both saw action out of the bullpen Sunday.
Missouri will next return home for senior weekend at the Mizzou Softball Stadium. The Tigers will host No. 11/12 Arkansas in a weekend series May 5-7. All three games will be broadcasted on SEC Network+ with game times set for 7 p.m., CT, 4 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Fans can receive bucket hats (Friday) and Own It cups (Saturday), while supplies last. Sunday is Family Funday Sunday with postgame autographs and base running.
FOLLOW THE TIGERS
Single-game and limited season tickets are currently on sale. Tickets can be purchased online, in-person at the Mizzou ticket office, or by calling 1 (800) CAT-PAWS.