COLUMBIA, Mo. — The University of Missouri track and field team competed in its first day in the K.T. Woodman Classic on Friday in Wichita, Kan.
Atina Kamasi led the Tigers with a first-place result in the javelin following a personal-best mark of 50.61m (166-1).
- Austin Popplewell posted a personal best in the men’s 1500m, running in 4:02.63 and placing fourth.
- Alessandro Lotta ran 1:55.14 in the men’s 800m, finishing 10th overall.
- Kaia Downs (4:44.13), Andi Bowman (4:51.43) and McKenna Butler (4:52.75) competed in the women’s 1500m.
- Lydia Roller (17:55.78, 4th place) and Anna Sullentrup (19:46.19) ran in the women’s 5000m.
- Freshman Ryder James ran 14:47.21 in the men’s 5000m.
Missouri will return for the final day of the Classic on Saturday.