BATON ROUGE, La. – Katie Chester belted her first career SEC home run as the University of Missouri softball program (23-17, 3-11 SEC) fell to No. 12/11 LSU (32-7, 5-6 SEC), 3-1, in game two of the series Friday at Tiger Park.
LSU utilized a three-run fourth inning to overcome Mizzou and knot the three-game series at 1-1.
Georgia Clark led off the fourth with a solo shot to deep center before Taylor Pleasants and Savannah Stewart added RBI singles to extend the lead to 3-0.
In the following inning, the Tigers posted consecutive singles from Chester and Maddie Gallagher, but LSU was able to thwart the threat.
Chester then put Missouri on the scoreboard with a solo shot to left in the top of the seventh. The freshman from Liberty, Missouri, concluded Friday, 2-for-3 at the dish.
Starter Laurin Krings let up three runs on eight hits with two strikeouts and a walk.
Krings pitched around a bases loaded jam in the second before catcher Julia Crenshaw caught an LSU base runner stealing to wrap the third.
Freshman leftie Taylor Pannell came on in relief of Krings and notched a pair of shutout innings to go with a walk and a strikeout.
- Freshman first base Katie Chester paced the Tigers at the plate, going 2-for-3 with a home run. She matched a personal best two hits for her third multi-hit game of the campaign.
- Katie Chester knocked her first career SEC homer. It marked her third dinger of the season.
- Kara Daly and Maddie Gallagher each added hits Friday. Gallagher extended her hitting streak to four games while Daly posted a hit in her third-straight game.
- Kara Daly registered her ninth double of the season (11 in her career).
- Alex Honnold earned a walk to push her reached base streak to four.
- Taylor Pannell made her 13th appearance of the season, pitching a pair of shutout innings. She registered a strikeout and a walk over the two innings (matches career best outing).
- Mizzou and No. 12/11 LSU conclude the three-game series Saturday afternoon at Tiger Park. First pitch is set for 1 p.m., CT. The game will be broadcasted on SEC Network+.
FOLLOW THE TIGERS