AUBURN, Ala. – The University of Missouri Softball team (20-14, 1-8 SEC) fell to No. 21/25 Auburn (25-9, 4-2 SEC), 2-1, Monday evening in the series finale at Jane B. Moore Field.
With the contest tied at 1-1, Auburn walked it off in the bottom of the seventh. Denver Bryant knocked in the go-ahead run with a single down the right field line.
Auburn took an early 1-0 lead on a Jessie Blaine sacrifice fly to right in the first.
Payton Jackson then belted a solo shot off the left field scoreboard to even the contest at 1-1 in the third. The homer was her first in a Mizzou uniform (sixth in her career).
Laurin Krings surpassed five strikeouts in her second appearance of the weekend series at Auburn. She has now tallied five or more strikeouts eight times in 2023 including eight of her last nine starts. Krings tallied seven Monday and had five in game two on Saturday.
- Payton Jackson registered the lone Mizzou hit, her first career homer as a Tiger.
- Payton Jackson has now posted a hit in two-straight games.
- Maddie Gallagher earned a pair of walks while Jenna Laird and Kara Daly also came aboard on walks.
- Jenna Laird also stole a base.
- Laurin Krings registered seven strikeouts, coming on in relief of Cierra Harrison in the first. Krings allowed one run on five hits with a pair of walks over 6.2 innings.
- Laurin Krings posted five or more strikeouts in both of her appearances this weekend at Auburn. She has now tallied five or more strikeouts eight times in 2023 including eight of her last nine starts.
- One hit is a season low for Mizzou.
- With the win, Auburn picked up the 3-0 series sweep.
Mizzou next returns to Columbia, Missouri, for a four-game homestand. Missouri will host Northern Iowa on Wednesday before Alumni Weekend against No. 16/13 Alabama March 31-April 2.
Missouri will recognize its 1983 Women’s College World Series Team on Friday, followed by recognition of all Mizzou Softball Alumni prior to Saturday’s game.
Friday of the Alabama series, fans will receive Girl Power t-shirts and claw clips, while supplies last. Saturday, fans can receive a fanny pack and April 2 is Family Funday Sunday with a postgame egg hunt.
FOLLOW THE TIGERS
- For all the latest on Mizzou Softball, stay tuned to MUTigers.com and follow the team @MizzouSoftball (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Single-game and limited season tickets are currently on sale. Tickets can be purchased online, in-person at the Mizzou ticket office, or by calling 1 (800) CAT-PAWS.