PITTSBURG, Kan.—The Drury Panthers competed in their second indoor track & field meet of the season at the Rumble in the Jungle hosted by Pittsburg State in Pittsburg, Kansas, on Friday.
Drury won two women’s events with Claire McCune and Katie McCune claiming victories for the second week in a row.
The Drury women’s team finished 9th among 13 teams with 29.3 points. Pittsburg State won the event with 146.5 points, while Academy of Art was second with 72.
The DU men’s squad was also 9th among 13 teams as they finished with 15 points. Pittsburg State won the men’s competition with 172 points, while Texas A&M-Commerce was second with 117.
- Claire McCune won the mile and broke a record set by her sister Katie a week earlier with a time of 4:50.02
- Katie McCune took first place in the 3000-meter run (4:48.76) and won the event by five seconds
- Margaux Shelton placed in the high jump finishing eighth and she set a team record at 1.57 meters
- Shelton also set a team record in the 60-meter dash and finished 10th (7.95)
- Bria Armstrong was seventh and set a team record in the 60 meter hurdles (9.10)
- Ashley Childers was fourth in the 200-meter dash and also broke a team record with a time of 26.01
- Imani Brown set a new team standard in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:00.03 and finished 15th
- Tracy Gates set a team record in the triple jump and finished 10th with a mark of 13.54 meters
- Matt Moler was fourth in the 800-meter run and set a Drury record with a time of 1:54.11
- The Panthers had three runners place in the 3000 meters as Colby Garner was third (8:46.17), Sean Lowry was sixth (8:49.73), and Moler was eighth (8:51.94)
- Bryon King was ninth in the shot put (13.07m)
The Panthers are scheduled to compete again Jan. 28-29 at the Washburn Open in Topeka, Kan.