COLUMBIA, Mo. – Mizzou Volleyball (2-8) heads to the Redbird Classic on Friday, Sept. 17, and Saturday, Sept. 18, inside the Redbird Arena in Normal, Ill.
The weekend starts with Friday matches against Illinois (5-3) and North Texas (6-3) at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, followed by a match against Illinois State (3-6) on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Saturday’s match against the Redbirds will stream on ESPN+. Live stats are available for all three matches on the weekend.
- Mizzou trails Illinois 6-1-1 in the all-time series. The two have not met for almost two decades.
- The Tigers hold a 5-0 record all-time against the Mean Green. Their most recent meeting was in 2015, where Mizzou swept North Texas.
- Mizzou trails Illinois State 5-1 in the all-time series, but the Tigers did win their most recent match in 2014.
- Junior Anna Dixon led the team with 13 kills in the Tigers’ previous match against Kansas State, marking her fifth-straight match with double-digit kills. She leads the team with 121 on the season, good for third in the SEC.
- Dixon is averaging a career-best 3.35 kills per set and also hitting a career-high .268 so far for Mizzou.
- Freshman Addison Lyon recorded her first double-double with 26 assists and 13 digs in the match versus UCSB last Friday. She followed this up with a personal record of 33 assists the following night against Wyoming.
- Half of Mizzou’s kills and 51 percent of the total points scored have come from freshmen this season. 97 percent of Mizzou’s points have come from players in their first or second season with the Tigers as the youthful roster continues to find its way early.
- The Tigers are looking to snap a four-match skid which has seen Mizzou score 20+ in 11-of-12 sets but unable to break through in the late points.
Visit MUTigers.com for the latest information on all things Mizzou Volleyball. You can also find the Tigers on social media by liking us on Facebook (Mizzou Volleyball) and following us on Twitter (@MizzouVB) and Instagram (MizzouVB).