COLUMBIA, Mo. – Mizzou Volleyball begins its 48th season by hosting the Mizzou Invitational on Friday (Aug. 27) and Saturday (Aug. 28) inside the Hearnes Center.
The weekend features Friday matches against in-state foes Saint Louis and Kansas City. The Tigers and Billikens battle in the opener at 12:30 p.m. before Mizzou faces the Roos at 7:30 p.m. The night cap against Kansas City will air on SEC Network+.
On Saturday, Mizzou meets Creighton in a battle of 2020 NCAA Tournament squads. First serve against the Bluejays is set for 3 p.m. on SEC Network+.
All Mizzou Athletics events will feature mobile tickets in the 2021-22 season. Tiger fans can easily download their tickets using the Mizzou Mobile app on their smartphone. Fans are encouraged to download all tickets before arriving at Hearnes Center to ensure a smooth entry.
To learn more about mobile ticketing and how to download tickets, visit MUTigers.com/MobileTix.
- Mizzou is 18-9 all-time against Saint Louis, although the Billikens have won each of the past four meetings. The most recent meeting came in 2015, a five-set SLU win.
- The Tigers are 31-4 all-time in the series with Kansas City, including a 17-1 mark in Columbia. Mizzou swept the Roos in the most recent meeting in 2019.
- Mizzou meets Creighton for the first time since 2004 and just the second time ever. The Tigers fell 3-1 in the only previous meeting.
- Mizzou enters 2021 after making the NCAA Tournament for the sixth-consecutive season. The streak is the second-longest in program history.
- Fans will notice a different look to the Tigers as 10 new faces dot the roster in 2021. Mizzou’s incoming recruiting class was ranked among the top 30 in the nation and features four nationally-ranked freshmen.
- 2021 marks Mizzou’s 10th season as a member of the SEC. The Tigers are 208-78 over the previous nine years, including a 119-49 mark in league play. Mizzou’s .753 winning percentage overall and .708 winning percentage in SEC matches both outpace the program’s historical marks of .560 and .482, respectively.
- Junior outside hitter Anna Dixon returns to lead Mizzou after racking up 273 kills in 2020 and earning All-SEC honors. Despite her 2020 recognition, Dixon was left off the preseason All-SEC awards list.
- Sophomore libero Emily Brown returns to the colored jersey for the Tigers after becoming the first freshman to lead Mizzou in digs since Tatum Ailes in 2004. Brown is just the third true freshman to lead Mizzou in digs since 1983, the earliest records available.
MIZZOU IN SEASON OPENERS
- The Tigers have won 13-straight season openers dating to 2007.
- Mizzou is 32-4 on opening weekend over those 13 seasons.
- Mizzou is 4-0 against in-state foes in season-opening games. The Tigers and Billikens will meet for the second time to open a season, with Mizzou winning the prior tilt 2-0 in 1976.
Visit MUTigers.com for the latest information on all things Mizzou Volleyball. You can also find the Tigers on social media by liking us on Facebook (Mizzou Volleyball) and following us on Twitter (@MizzouVB) and Instagram (MizzouVB).